Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Recipe Challenge

Time for another recipe challenge at Sketches by Tamara. I got to choose the recipe for this week which was a masculine theme, metal embellishments and make it grungy (distressed, inked, or torn edges). I had fun with this card, I enjoy doing the grungy look even though it usually calls for more detail (for me at least). My nephew will be getting his license in June so I decided to use this challenge to make a card for him. Of course I had to add a little hotwheels car for my pic being that I have a huge hotwheels collection :)


Here's how I made my card: I ran the 3 black coredinations cardstock squares through my cuttlebug then sanded the embossing. The checkered patterned paper was distressed with some of it peeled back and stapled then inked up with some black ink, I ran some ball chain with some washers and a couple charm keys on it across the card, the "congrats" was cut using a cuttlebug diecut, then I anchored the whole card with some Making Memories screw snaps. I think he'll like it, I might have to add a gas card to it when I send it out. Now I need to get a girly one made for my niece that'll be getting her license probalby in April!

Be sure to head over to Sketches By Tamara to see what the rest of the Design Team made. Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I had to stop by your blog this morning, because when I saw your card on Tamara's site, it blew me away!! Not only is it fantastic (LOVE the hardware you added!), but the way you photographed it is TOO COOL! Awesome Trudi! I love this!!