Wednesday, May 19, 2010

TPE Scrap Challenge #8

It's time for another layout challenge at TPE. This week's challenge is a sketch challenge.
For my layout I turned the sketch. I am slowly scrapping our Alaskan cruise from last year. I am doing a title page for each day with snippets of the day's events. This layout is from our first port of call to Ketchikan. This is only my 4th page I've done of the trip, I need to get my rear in gear :) We're coming up on a year since the trip.

Be sure to head on over to The Pink Elephant to see all the great creations from the rest of the design team! And if you decide to play along with our sketch this week we'd love to see what you've done so be sure to link your creation over at TPE!

For my layout I just used 3 different cardstocks in red, blue & kraft. I stamped the kraft squares with the Hero Arts wood grain stamp and the red squares with the Hero Arts dots cling stamp. I cut out all my lettering with my various cuttlebug alphabets then embossed "Ketchikan" with my swiss dots folder. The totem border was a sticker I had from an Alaskan sticker set. A simple easy layout.

7 comments:

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Trudi, beautiful page! I am so happy we are together in this venture. Happy Thursday!

Audra said...

Great layout!! I love all the photos!! :)

Jennifer said...

GREAT layout and fun pics! Love how you turned the sketch! Very Creative!!

Fern said...

Hi Trudi!! Way to get all of those fabulous photos on this beautiful layout!!! It's going to be an awesome album!!!! XXXX

sarahw said...

Trudi, love, love, love how you flipped the sketch and added so many photos. Pure genius! :)

Anonymous said...

what a fun layout trudi!
those photos are great!

xo
sarabeth

Jess said...

Great LO! It looks like a fun trip!